Services we offer
- COA (clean, oil and adjust)
- Pad replacement as necessary. We recommend synthetic pads, however traditional pads can be supplied upon request
- Crack repairs, pinning and filling
- Tenon or socket replacement or reconstruction
- Key modifications and rebuilding with off site replating, if wanted
- Minor repairs such as joint cork replacement, spring replacement, spring tension modification, ring height adjustment, key straightening/adjustment, etc.
We do not charge for estimates.
Restorations/Overhauls consist of the full attention to every detail, including
Complete disassembly and cleaning of the body, keys, rods and posts, key tightening and refitting, polishing and plating (if desired), tone hole refacing/rebuilding, bore polishing, replacement of joint corks, replacement of key bumpers with synthetic materials, key lubrication, repadding with synthetic pads, extensive play testing to insure optimal playability.
A Repad consists of the following
Complete disassembly, cleaning of the body, keys, rods and posts, tightening of some keys, tone hole refacing (if needed), replacement of joint corks, replacement of key bumpers with synthetic materials, key lubrication, repadding with synthetic pads.
The COA entails the following
Complete disassembly, cleaning of body, keys rods and posts, joint cork and key bumper replacement as necessary, key lubrication, pad replacement as necessary. Other procedures undertaken as the need is recognized.
We highly recommend light spring tensions for ease of playability and fluidity of technique and lowered impact on hands and tendons. We will not lighten springs if we are not authorized to do so, but will suggest the improvement.
Cost is determined after inspecting the instrument and varies according to the hours and the cost of parts involved in the procedures.